Requisition Title (Job in Emirates Flight Catering): EXECUTIVE CHEF(PRD11E)
Organization: EAST & WEST WING
Description – Job in Emirates Flight Catering
Applications are invited for the position of Executive Chef – Production Management
- Position within: Production Department
- Reports to: Assistant Vice President
- Location : Dubai International Airport
- Category : Culinary
- Department : Production Management
Key Accountabilities (External)
- Responsible for product quality, customer experience and procedural compliance of the entire department.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared, cooked and served in a safe and hygienic manner and in accordance with the company policies and clients’ requirements to maintain the company’s reputation and clients’ confidence. Comply with and practice the company’s established Safety and Hygiene Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that manpower management is at optimum output and that staffs are professionally supervised, motivated and trained with the aim to improve their performance potential. Maintain discipline and encourage the staff to develop new recipes and methods.
- Ensure that all assigned production staff carry out their duties in a set time frame in order to maintain continuity of the work flow and to prevent any subsequent delays in operational flow of work.
- Ensure that staff maintain discipline, are well-trained and are rotated between sections to become familiar with all aspects of the production.
- Supervise the staff in the implementation of work procedures in his/her section, report any non-conformance and propose solutions.
- Cascade the business objectives, development ideas, progresses on ideas and opportunities to all levels, ensuring active and motivated participation at all levels.
- Oversee work of chefs and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted cost goals.
- Ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout kitchen areas at all times.
- Review and approve menus and create recipes based on material cost and yield tests
- Proactively contribute to kitchen revenue by establishing controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Study and interpret available financial/cockpit reports, carry out root cause analysis and resolve variances.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with all EKFC Group Client representatives, suppliers and supporting departments. Manage overall expectations in terms of departmental deliverables of quality, safety, food safety and timely deliveries.
- Build and maintain a strong talent pipeline for the unit.
- Interpret necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; project annual food, labor and other costs and continuously monitor actual financial results; take corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Aligned to industry best practices, explore ways of increasing revenue through additional sources of income, menu engineering, prospective client presentations, coordination and service delivery to the extent of kitchens and beyond as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for overall smooth and effective workflow, documentation and record-keeping of the departmental processes.
- Develop organizational hierarchy, through recruitment and guidance with long-term succession planning of the department
Essential Requirements and Competencies
- Hotel Management, Bachelor’s degree or related culinary degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the culinary field
- Food Safety Certificate
- Knowledge and experience of food products and processes in a facility with extensive in-house production.
- Extensive experience with business management software applications in a catering environment
- Significant exposure to Lean Management, Occupational Health & Safety and Quality Assurance management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of all aspects of cooking in various cuisines
- Experience in creating recipes, menu development and costing
- Ability to develop himself / herself in the current role and beyond
- Willing to take on responsibility and able to delegate tasks efficiently
- Problem solving and decision making ability in real time, very creative and able to think outside the box
- Strong organizational skills, effective Training and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to mentor
- Attention to detail & quality
- Initiative and commitment to achieve
How to Apply For Job in Emirates Flight Catering?