Senior Project Manager-End to end accountability for the management of one or more Technology related projects based on scale and complexity, indicative project value: up to £5M and approximately up to 50 matrix reports, with line management responsibility.
- Identify and engage all project stakeholders and prepare a stakeholder matrix and maintain consistent communication.
- Be accountable for integrated management of suppliers.
- Support or lead the securing of investment by providing time, resource and cost estimates together with risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions.
- Act as escalation point for the team. Direct line management and development
- Define a project team and sourcing.
- Controlled closure of projects.
- Establish and monitor project schedule and controls and establish and operate financial control.
- Manage stakeholders effectively
- Produce management artefacts.
- Lead the project team to deliver against agreed objectives. Define and agree project scope using established tools and techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering technology projects.
- Proven ability to build high performing teams.
- Proven matrix management capability and be a successful decision maker.
- Effective stakeholder management (up to C-Level), building trust and constructively resolving conflict.
- Strong people management skills and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, challenging situations and time critical duties.
- Commercial acumen and value driven supplier management
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Senior Project Manager-High degree of communication, both written and verbal skills and able to articulate duties and responsibilities in a succinct manner.
- APMP, Prince2, Agile or similar certified or appropriate level of experience and prepared to work towards formal qualifications.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A