GEMS Al Barsha National School seeks a Government Relations Executive immediately.
To obtain approvals from Educational Authorities/ Regulators for staff and students and to provide the school with efficient, prompt, updated, dependable and accurate information relating to Educational Authorities'/Regulators' regulations and procedures.
The Key Accountabilities
Follow the prescribed procedures within the timeframes to ensure students are registered/transferred in accordance with Educational Authorities' requirements. Also, follow up on teaching licenses, appointment letters, school academic licensures, and any other related issues.
- Keep current information on Educational License requirements and procedures.
- Collect and arrange documents for Educational License.
- Register for School Educational License early with the Educational Authority
- You should always be able to access the most recent information regarding student registration and any required documents.
- Coordinate with parents about required documents and plan student registrations.
- All school students should be able to register with the Education Authorities within the agreed timelines.
- Assure the timely submission of end-of-year results and students' promotions & transfers within an agreed timeframe.
- Update the School Principal and HR regarding the documentation required and the process to obtain 'Teacher Approvals’ from Education Authorities.
- So that you can plan for new teacher approvals in advance, all documentation must be submitted to the authorities.
- Send the Teaching License to GRC immediately after approval. This will allow GRC to process your visa/labor card.
- Stay current with Ministry/ Authority regulations, procedures, and updates the MSO/Principal/
- Manager GR will inform you about any changes in policy or compliance.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with Education Authorities and Government.
- Ministries and offices
- For student school trips, annual diary, etc. Check with the authorities in advance to get approvals
- (Agreed timelines).
- All rules, regulations, and circulars in English must be translated quickly for school management.
Dubai Schools Only: School Parent Contract
- Request approval of the fee structure and contract approval from Education Authorities.
- Send information and invitations to parents so they can sign the contract.
- In conjunction with school management.
- All contracts must be signed by the agreed deadline
- Keep track of progress and keep records.
- As and when necessary, prepare letters for government authorities
- Encourage excellence and embrace the GEMS Core Values.
- As part of ICT support, compile student records required by the Ministry (manual or online) and generate them.
- Assist staff members in meetings and serve as a member of committees, if necessary.
- Other duties as directed and dotted reporting line manager/supervisor may require
Qualified, experienced and skilled
- Complete formal education; university degree. Preferential training is offered.
- Minimum of one year's experience in a similar role in the local country.
Specific Knowledge and Skills for Jobs:
- Local driving license
- Excellent Arabic and English skills (written as well as spoken).
- Communication and interpersonal skills that are positive
- Approach to problem-solving
- Data entry and monitoring of deadlines require technical and computer skills
- Understanding and knowledge of Govt. Authorities procedures