Photo Editor Job Vacancy in Dubai Expo 2020:
The Communications Department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event. Media Services, a department within Communications, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs, both when on the Expo site and when working remotely. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the event.
Reporting to the Head of Photography Management, the Photo editor’s role will support the production of Expo 2020 photography content for distribution and use internal and by international media organisations, both on-site and working remotely. The photo editor will be a reputable, multi-skilled professional with the ability to manage the photography content produced by the Expo 2020 Official Photography team on a daily basis for the duration of six months.
The Main responsibilities of the role include:
– Attend the daily editorial meetings at the Expo Media Centre;
– Consult with departments where appropriate and involve them accordingly in the editorial process;
– Assign and brief photographers;
– Edit and upload photo assignments throughout the day;
– Ensure accurate caption information of photography for the Expo 2020 website, Media Asset Management platform, press releases and social media;
– Support Photography Management to print the selection of best images on a regular basis;
– Support Photography Management to organise weekly exhibitions at the Expo Media Centre.
Skills – Photo Editor Job Vacancy in Dubai Expo 2020
6+ years of relevant work experience as a photo editor at International and major events, as well as:
– A Bachelors Degree within a relevant field;
– A relevant Fluent in English;
– Proficient in and working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Photo Mechanic and other appropriate software packages;
– Proficient with MAC OS;
– Knowledge and experience shooting with professional still cameras;
– Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, whilst ensuring the quality of output;
– Collaborates well with other business departments;
– Clear communicator with exceptional organizational skills.