The Communications, Marketing & Sales department takes an integrated approach to raise awareness of and amplify Expo 2020’s rich and diverse value proposition, driving engagement, participation and visitation both locally and internationally. The department also seeks to support the positioning of the UAE more widely, as well as enhance the impact of the Expo in both the pre and post-event phases including its long-term legacy. The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for the overall positioning of Expo 2020 in domestic and international markets. This includes creating compelling stories and campaigns for a wide range of audiences across a breadth of platforms, liaising with internal and external stakeholders including Partners and International Participants to ensure consistency in message and identify opportunities for collaboration, and building relationships with local and international media. The team is also tasked with maintaining Expo owned channels including digital and social, upholding the integrity of the Expo 2020 brand across all touchpoints, facilitating commercial media partnerships, providing technical and content services to broadcasters, and managing sponsorship and brand ambassador relationships.
The purpose of the role of Manager – Offline Media is to develop and oversee the execution of integrated social media marketing campaigns for Expo 2020 channels by developing paid media campaign strategies including setting budgets & KPIs for revenue, conversion, content promotion as well as growing engagement and audience.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
– Develop paid media campaign road-map including setting budgets & KPIs for conversion, content promotion as well as audience growth purposes;
– Develop robust paid media plans for Social based on a strong understanding of campaigns objectives and KPIs;
– Monitor live ads daily to measure performance and optimize;
– Establish a reporting mechanism with the analytics team that showcases our performance for both Always-on and Campaign-based activities and performance;
– Support the various business units with their media queries and needs;
– Work closely with the Social HOD to manage relationships with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube & Snapchat and work closely with them on all Expo2020 campaigns.
6+ years of experience in a media planning and buying role, as well as:
– A Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
– Digital media landscape knowledge and understanding;
– Ability to coordinate with stakeholders;
– Strong organization & planning skills;
– Strong collaboration skills;
– Effective communication skills.