The Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Company (ADWEC) is a vital entity within the energy landscape of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
This article delves into the role, functions, and opportunities for careers within ADWEC and its counterpart, the Emirates Water Electricity Company (EWEC).
Introduction to ADWEC
The Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Company (ADWEC) is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA). Established with a significant role in mind, ADWEC’s primary mission is to ensure the security and reliability of the electricity supply throughout the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Also, Read: GENERAL CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (GCAA) CAREERS
The Unique Role of ADWEC
One distinguishing characteristic of ADWEC is that it acts as both the sole buyer and seller of water and electricity within the Emirate. This role extends to procuring electricity and water production energy, further solidifying its significance in the region.
Evolution of ADWEC – The Emergence of EWEC
In response to changing needs and strategic plans, Abu Dhabi decided to replace ADWEC with the Emirates Water Electricity Company (EWEC). EWEC, a part of the overarching strategy to unify water production and power generation between Abu Dhabi and the Northern Emirates, operates under the umbrella of the Abu Dhabi Power Corporation.
A Leading Player – EWEC (Emirates Water and Electricity Company)
EWEC is pivotal in coordinating the planning, purchasing, and supply of water and power across the United Arab Emirates. This integrated approach ensures that vital water and electricity resources are efficiently distributed to meet the population’s needs.
Exploring Career Opportunities
For those interested in pursuing a career in the energy sector, EWEC offers many opportunities as the driving force behind the planning, forecasting, purchasing, and supply of water and electricity.
Also, Read: Vacancy at Amazon UAE: Complete Job Seeker Guide
EWEC plays a central role in ensuring the short- and long-term balancing of bulk supply and demand for distribution companies.
A Proud Subsidiary
EWEC operates as the Abu Dhabi Power Corporation (ADPower) subsidiary. This affiliation ensures a strong foundation for the company’s operations and its continued commitment to the highest standards in energy management.
Applying for Positions
If you’re looking to apply for a position at EWEC, here is the relevant contact information:
- Address: EWEC Building, 603 Fatima Bint Mubarak Street, Abu Dhabi, 22219.
- Email: [email protected]
To stay updated with the latest job openings and opportunities, visit the above sources and watch their career pages.
Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Company (ADWEC) and Emirates Water Electricity Company (EWEC) are integral to ensuring a steady water and electricity supply in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and beyond. As you consider your career options in the energy sector, remember that these companies play a vital role in shaping the future of energy in the UAE. Please refer to the provided references for more details about specific job listings and application procedures.
Also, Read: Gevora Hotel Dubai Announces Recruitment
- What is the role of ADWEC in Abu Dhabi?
- ADWEC ensures the security and reliability of electricity supply and serves as the sole buyer and seller of water and electricity in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- What is the difference between ADWEC and EWEC?
- EWEC, or Emirates Water Electricity Company, emerged as a replacement for ADWEC, with a broader mandate to unify water production and power generation between Abu Dhabi and the Northern Emirates.
- What is EWEC’s role in the energy sector?
- EWEC is responsible for planning, purchasing, and supplying water and electricity, ensuring a balance between supply and demand for distribution companies.
- How can I apply for a job at EWEC?
- You can apply for positions at EWEC by visiting their official website and using the provided contact information.
- What is the significance of ADPower’s involvement with EWEC?
- As a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Power Corporation (ADPower), EWEC benefits from a solid organizational foundation to maintain high standards in energy management.