Maintain sanitation standards in the food storage area and walk-ins. Receive deliveries, store perishables correctly, rotate stock, and ensure that food conforms to company standards
SCOPE/ BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A full-time position at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort.
- Number of Direct Reports: 0
- Titles of Direct Reports-N/A
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
- Communication skills that allow guests to communicate with co-workers and others verbally.
- Pushing, pulling and bending.
- Extreme temperatures
- Cleaning chemicals may be exposed
- Long periods of standing/walking
Education and Certification
These are the responsibilities and contributions that are essential to the success of this position:
- If applicable, receive and store food and beverages.
- All items should be properly dated, labeled and rotated according to the Marriott standard. Use proper food handling techniques.
- All requisitions must be completed promptly. Only requisitioned items must be removed from the storeroom.
- Notify your immediate supervisor if you notice any items that are out of stock or low.
- As per pull chart, take items out of freezer.
- Keep your refrigerators, freezers, and work areas clean and tidy.
- Management expects each associate to comply with all reasonable requests.
Safety and Security
- Notify your supervisor immediately if you are injured in the workplace.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment, follow safety and security procedures for your company or department.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security about guest reports of theft
Procedures and Policies
- Follow all company, hotel, and department policies.
- Follow Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies & procedures
- You must ensure the security and privacy of your guests and coworkers.
- Protect confidential information and proprietary materials.
- Personal appearance, uniforms, nametags, etc., must be kept clean, neat, professional, and in accordance with company policies.
- Follow company policies and procedures to protect company equipment, machines, and other assets.
- Other reasonable job duties, as required by Supervisors and Management
- You will work as many hours as you need to complete your job, but not less than 48 hours per semaine.
- To resolve problems, delight and build trust, actively listen to and respond to guests' questions, concerns and requests.
- Assist other employees in ensuring proper guest service and coverage.
- You can anticipate your guests' service needs by asking them questions to gain a better understanding of their needs. Also, you can watch/listen to guests preferences and take action whenever they are.
- Service guests in a positive, professional, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Show appreciation to your guests and say goodbye with a heartfelt farewell.
- With a smile, eye contact and friendly greetings, you will be able to welcome and acknowledge all guests.
- Provide directions and information to residents and guests about property amenities, services, hours of operation, local areas of interest, and other activities.
- Use appropriate etiquette to answer telephones. This includes answering within three rings, smiling in one's face, using the caller's name, asking permission to place the caller on hold, taking and relaying calls, and allowing them to hang up.
- Use clear, professional language when speaking to guests or co-workers.
- To effectively exchange information, talk with and listen to employees.
Working With Others
- Be there for your coworkers and treat them with respect and dignity.
- With tact, respect and diplomacy, handle sensitive issues with guests and employees with confidentiality. Maintain productive and positive working relationships with employees from other departments.
- To foster a culture of cooperation and to achieve common goals, it is important that you partner with others.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Conform to quality assurance standards and expectations, e.g. GuestVoice Brand Standard Audit.
- Use computers and/or point-of-sale systems to enter and locate information about work.
- For a prolonged period of time, stand, sit or walk, or for the entire work day.
- Information in various formats can be read and visually verified (e.g. small print).
- Without assistance, move, lift, transport, push, pull, or place objects less than 10 pounds.