Careem is driven by a strong purpose to improve the lives of people in Pakistan, North Africa, and the Middle East. We are pioneers in the development of innovative services that aid mobility, mobility of goods and mobility of money.
As we work to determine how technology will impact the growth of some of the most rapidly-growing countries around the globe, we are in the driver's seat. Our teams are developing tech that will meet future needs in areas such as data and AI, eCommerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity and fintech.
With deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships and a local presence, we are well-positioned to solve complex and meaningful problems at scale. We also have specialized global teams that are structured to function as autonomous start-ups. Every day, our team of more than 400 engineers and programmers is able to create cutting-edge technology.
Careem was founded in July 2012. It became a fully-owned subsidiary by Uber Technologies, Inc. in Jan 2020. Today, Careem operates in more than 100 cities in 12 countries.
Information about the team
You'll be part of an autonomous and dynamic team, from Careem veterans to brand new Careem tigers, who have joined forces to build Careem Food. They share the same values: ownership, shooting to orbit and being of service and support to customers, partners and captains.
What will you do
Careem is seeking a Sales Associate for our Food Business. This individual would be responsible for ensuring that our customers have a wide selection of great restaurants to choose from. The individual will be focused on one goal only: To increase the number and quality of Careem-partnered restaurants to provide great customer service. The primary role of the sales associate is to find and secure key partnerships that will bring Careem desired results in terms of both growth and business performance. This is an entry-level sales position within Careem's food business.
- Perform a high level of daily cold calling activity, contacting restaurant leads, and presenting
Careem offers opportunities to partner
- Collecting leads from the market, and approaching restaurants to make Careem a partner.
- To exceed your monthly sales goals, you must have and maintain a steady pipeline
- To provide transparency and completeness in all sales activities, keep records via the CRM
- Passionately representing Careem, and solving customer complaints
- Careem's face on the market, standing up for our values
What You'll Need
- Education to degree level minimum Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and other similar software tools.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about improving people's lives, a focus on excellence and customer services, and align with our core values of being bold, focused and agile, collaborative and collaborative.
- Extensive experience in acquisition roles, with a track record of direct and channel sales, including closing deals.
- High-motivated with a "hunting spirit", to find new opportunities and grow businesses in multiple technology dimensions of the Food/Service Providers industry.
- You excel at working with teams and can collaborate well with corporate, regional and local teams within a large cross-functional organization.
- Excellent communicator, and excellent at finding solutions that are in line with the industry and local market trends.
- You have a can-do, will-do attitude and are able to think creatively to build a solid business pipeline.
- Highly analytical and meaningful.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in field sales or business development; meeting weekly/monthly goals consistently.
- Work under pressure with limited resources and targets, and come up with innovative tech-based solutions to problems.
- Ownership, high energy and self-driving
- Strong tech skills and a passion for E-commerce and Internet-based business
- Strong negotiation skills and exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of the UAE Market & Geographic Landscape
- Arabic fluency is essential
Where are you?
- Even though we work remotely, we believe in collaboration and the power to build social connections with our team. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of your home.
- You will be working in the area you were hired. You will need to work in the country where you were hired.
We'll give you
We offer a competitive long-term total salary with equity and salary, but we also have a rewarding philosophy. Careem colleagues will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a Remote-First organization
- You can work from anywhere in the world, for up to 60 days per year
- You can use unlimited vacation days throughout the year
- Get fitness reimbursements for your health activities, such as gym memberships, health clubs, and training classes.
- Learn from great minds and work
- Make an impact in a region that has untapped potential
- Every day, discover new ways to learn and grow.