We are seeking a Purchasing Executive to support the Purchasing Manager with operational purchasing tasks in accordance with Group Purchasing (GP), policies, principles and guidelines for Raw Material (RM), Purchased Finished Products (PFG), and Direct Packaging Material(DPM). This will allow the company to deliver the desired service to its customers.
This position is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It reports directly to the Purchasing manager.
- Participate in the planning of raw materials in close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- On the basis of agreements, place and expedite orders to purchase designated RM, DPM, or PFG categories.
By GP category managers and other authorized personnel in accordance with GP guidelines.
- Communicate with GP Category Managers regarding RM, DPM, and PFG requirements, and supplier performance. Follow the guidelines and procedures for designated categories
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in evaluating the best logistics solution. This includes considering the type and lot size, distribution, local laws, regulations, etc. for all RMs.
- Assist GP Category Managers with identifying local suppliers and maintaining existing relationships in designated categories (including supplier audits, participation in supplier meetings and participation in supplier meetings upon request by GP Category managers).
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with updating Matrix local parameters in accordance with operational purchasing principles (under construction).
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in ensuring supplier invoice control is done in accordance with company guidelines, applicable customs regulations, and procedures. Facilitate payment of all supplier invoices within due dates for designated suppliers/categories
- Report to the Purchasing Manager and follow up on KPIs agreed upon
WHAT WE LOOKING FOR, AND WHAT WE OFFER
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor's Degree in any related field
- Fluent in English
- A benefit of having experience purchasing in a manufacturing sector is the ability to purchase.
- Takes initiative and makes things happen.
- A systematic and methodical approach to planning and allocating resources.
- Communicates clearly, precisely and in a structured manner; speaks with authority; presents effectively
- Rapidly comprehends and analyzes complex problems and issues; makes sound and rational judgments
- Establishes and uses a network of contacts and connections to help achieve goals.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- You will have continuous learning opportunities and training activities with our on-the-job training and in-house learning at Jotun Academy.
- Opportunities for career development in multiple fields and geographies
- High employee feedback scores are a sign of leaders who put effort into engaging and enabling their teams.
- A company culture that supports and encourages you to be who you are
- Focus on having fun together through social activities and team building
Jotun Powder Coatings U.A.E. Ltd.
Type of contract:
CLOSING DATE (dd.mm.yyyy):
WHO ARE WE?
Jotun's history in the MEIA (Middle East India and Africa) started in 1962. It has since grown to include 18 legal entities that are committed to the growth and success of the Jotun Group. Our values of Care, Loyalty and Respect, Boldness, and Continuous Learning and Development have been the cornerstones of our success.
Established in 1990, Jotun Powder Coatings UAE LLC (LLC) is one of the most important markets in the MEIA region. We have a production plant, 2 warehouses, and 140 employees. Our goal is to strengthen Jotun's market position in the UAE with ambitious market growth plans that emphasize innovation, efficiency, and profitability.
Learn more about Jotun.
Jotun values and welcomes diversity in its employees. More than 10200 people work on every continent. They represent 90 nationalities and four generations. There is a diversity in professions, genders, abilities, ethnicities, cultures, beliefs, etc. We pledge to be representative of the societies in which we work, by promoting equality, equity, and zero tolerance for discrimination.
Please let us know if you need additional assistance during the interview process or if you apply for a job.
Apply now if you feel this is the role for you!