Our mission is to support the specialist. We work with professionals and businesses in specialist markets through hundreds of brands. Our goal is to provide the intelligence, connections and opportunities that enable customers to grow, do business, make breakthroughs, and make better informed decisions. Informa is listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is also a member of FTSE 100. Informa has over 11,000 employees in over 30 countries.
Informa Markets provides global platforms for markets, industries, and customers to trade and innovate, and offers over 550 events each year, digital content, and data solutions.
The Operations Executive works with the entire Operations team to provide general support for Operations during the planning and execution of their allocated digital, physical and hybrid events throughout the calendar year. They also assist the team onsite when needed.
- Make sure all suppliers, venues, and Show teams are up-to-date with show information. Floorplans and exhibitor lists should be submitted according to an agreed frequency.
- Produce and maintain exhibitor manuals. Collect relevant order forms or web links from suppliers.
- Exhibitors will be notified of the deadlines and/or worked closely with Customer Service to create the Exhibitor newsletter content.
- All freight and equipment must be scheduled for collection and delivery from the office to the different venues.
- All pre-show packing, research, ordering and placing equipment and services, such as radios and stationary, wristbands and PPE, and onsite welfare for show teams and official contractors, can be managed.
- Senior team members will oversee the production of onsite documentation, including exhibitor lists, floor plans and welcome packs. Safety information, etc.
- Assist the Digital Operations team in the delivery of Digital events and webinars, when assigned
- Implementation of operational sponsor deliverables and content collection
- Issue PO's on request. Update budget and invoice trackers accordingly.
- Assist senior team members in setting up offices or other administrative tasks.
- Assist in post-event reporting by collating and recording the requested data.
- Assist different teams, such as Customer Service or clients, in answering operational exhibitor questions where appropriate
Support for the entire team and additional areas of responsibility
- Attendance at all meetings required, taking action for distribution and minute keeping
- Assist with the booking of travel and accommodation when required, within the budget.
- Where applicable, manage expenses and invoice payments
- Show specific project plans that are in accordance with the agreed format. Each Operations Manager will review and sign off on an individual basis.
- Organise training and events for the internal Operations Team at senior management's request
- Orders for IT and action stationery for the Operations Team
- All operational tasks must be completed on time according to the project plan and within the deadlines.
- Ensure that you adhere to the company's H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of external Service Level Agreements.
- When asked by senior members of Operations, perform any other duties that are proportional to the rank and level of responsibility
The role requires certain qualities
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive, anticipating future needs
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Can work under tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly beneficial interpersonal, oral, and written skills in English are highly valued with the possibility of learning additional languages.
- IT-savvy and capable of working with different systems, including Outlook, Word Excel, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel to any event as required
- 6-12 months of experience as an Operations Executive in the event management industry
- Understanding and working knowledge of the exhibition industry, venues, and contractors
- Willingness to work extra hours, if necessary, to deliver an event
- Bonus: Get to know digital platforms like Swapcard, On24 and MS Teams Live.
Culture fit requires certain qualities
- Professional customer-focused attitude; ability to remain calm and patient under pressure
- Flexible, forward-thinking and able to handle any problem
- Positive attitude, Team player confident with an innovative and creative approach
- Attention to detail