The Media Operations Executive is a key role within the Media business unit. He or she oversees many key interactions between internal and external suppliers.
The candidate will be responsible to track and do tech. Check all media sent to the WBD partner and report any issues.
- Assist Broadcast Operations Center's tier-1 team with troubleshooting advanced signal and metadata issues, planning and executing against key events and applying and enforcing programming rights.
- Assist the Engineering and Product teams in achieving continuous improvement of tools and workflows. This includes evaluating effectiveness, creating new feature requests, writing specifications, and performing user acceptance testing as necessary.
- Quality reporting of channel/signals health data to key partners
- You can ensure metadata integrity by checking and evaluating against quality standards. If necessary, you can fix it.
- Assist with daily operations, ad-hoc projects, monitoring, and other tasks as needed. As needed
- As part of team rotation, perform 24/7 on-call duties for at least one week each month.
- Responsible for video and audio quality control of media masters, sub-masters, and prequalification of incoming source. Full pass or spot A/V will be checked. File integrity, logging film, digital anomalies, audio sync and caption sync will also be checked.
- Maintain a positive, productive line of communication with other QC Operators, the QC Manager, Video QC Leads and Project Coordinators.
- Ensure that you have all required documentation during the QC process. Also, make sure to update your project tracking software.
- Learn new and modified specifications/rules from clients.
- 2 years of experience in Broadcast and video files technical specs
- Communication skills are essential for success.
- You must have experience in a fast-paced, tight-knit work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and to follow directions
- Advantages include operational experience and/or language proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both for internal and external audiences.
- Great time-management and organization skills
- Be proactive in looking to improve processes, workflows, or practices.
- The candidate must be able to legally work in the UAE at the time of applying.