To assist our business in making key business decisions, we are looking for a qualified Manager Accountant to join the finance department. This will include analysing and presenting financial data. This role reports to the Head Finance and will be responsible for managing finance and accounting processes, budget preparation, forecasting, and risk analysis.
Finance and accounting
- Check the monthly trial balances and other internal controls.
- Assure timely and accurate reporting for financial and management purposes.
- Oversee/establish/maintain all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocations.
- Continue to adapt and improve management reports. Review and analyze all information in the management information package.
- Prepare the monthly management information packet.
- Offer variance analysis and commentary, incorporating analytics on performance.
- Analyze results in relation to targets/KPIs.
- Manage/engage outside consultants (auditors and corporate secretarial), legal, and tax.
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance.
- Analysis of business in certain areas, including routine issues and new projects.
- Coordinate with the heads of departments to identify any issues or areas of concern.
- Supervise and ensure compliance with direct and indirect taxes for all group entities.
- Plan/Oversee Cash Flow Management
- Assist in the preparation of year-end accounts and liaison with auditors as needed.
- Prepare annual statutory accounting for different entities. This includes reconciliation of statutory and management accounts.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and a rolling business plan.
- For consideration, source/review relevant economic and market data.
- Analyze cost/investment to align with company objectives.
- Evaluate the performance of both the department and organization.
- Assist in KPI target development.
Systeme, financial controls and asset protection
- Assist in tools/systems/architecture development to provide critical/timely financial and operational information.
- Effective risk management practices must be implemented and maintained.
- Ensure maintenance/communication of appropriate and effective internal controls and policies and procedures.
- Assist with the control and insurance coverage of asset and cash protection.
- It is important to have a Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- It is mandatory to have professional accounting or finance qualifications, such as CIMA, CPA, and CA.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a comparable role.
- Solid knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- It would be advantageous to have a working knowledge of the GCC's international tax laws and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good business acumen and ability to adapt, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You should be proactive and enjoy working in a team.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook are all excellent examples of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret performance data.
- You have excellent time management skills and can multitask across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What can you expect from us?
Cavendish Maxwell fosters a culture of mutual cooperation, and knowledge sharing, and teams work together to solve common problems and raise standards within the company.
We believe in investing our most valuable resource, our people. We offer unique opportunities to work in a multidisciplinary consulting team with highly qualified colleagues from around the globe.
We offer a competitive, tax-free salary and benefits package. This is what we believe is important in attracting and keeping the best talent. Cavendish Maxwell is the place for you if you're looking for a place that will challenge, reward, and teach you in a diverse, inclusive environment.