GMG is a global company that specializes in well-being. It distributes, retails, and manufactures a range of top international and domestic brands in the health, food, and sports sectors. Its mission is to inspire people to win and make the world a better place. GMG's investments today span four key verticals: GMG Sports and GMG Food, GMG Health and GMG Consumer Goods. It has grown to be a global leader under the management and ownership of the Baker family. GMG has introduced over 120 brands to its markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia.
The role of
The job holder is responsible to manage and drive sales through efficient store operations, visual merchandise, customer service delivery, motivation, and retention of staff in accordance with GMG norms. The role holder also has to manage and coach the store staff.
- Communicates store goals to the team. Drives sales to meet financial targets
- Adopts loss prevention measures and ensures compliance regarding cash handling, fraud, and theft
- Supervises and monitors all aspects of the sales process in the store, including sales transactions, tracking customer order payments, registration sale,s and maintaining inventory updates. Provides service, handles returns and refunds, gathers consumer data for feedback, etc.
- Assists in cash transaction management (petty cash and point of sale (POS) cash elements), change floats
- Audits and fixes any problems in the store's administration; helps with annual stock counts and spot inspections
- Customer complaints are monitored and dealt with in accordance with policy. Customers are redressed promptly and professionally.
- Monitors and evaluates brand sales performance. Researches market trends and competitor trading activities in order to identify key business factors and suggest action plans to increase sales.
- Analyses and monitors sales reports, providing insight to maximize stock potential. Reports on the performance of core and new collections
- In-store and window displays must be maintained to a high standard, in accordance with merchandising guidelines
- Supervises and monitors inventory management within the store (stock availability, order management back store, stock movement within the store).
- Stock merchandise management within the store (stock aging, stock loss, space management).
- Coordinates with the facilities department to repair or replace furniture or equipment. Supports company maintenance standards/programs that optimize asset life
- To ensure exceptional customer service maintains staffing levels that are consistent with operational requirements; prepare schedules; ensure shift coverage
- Important promotional events and seasonal peaks are considered when creating forecasts or staff rosters.
- Make sure that your team is well-trained in inventory management techniques, such as receiving, stocking, receiving, transfers, and managing inventory discrepancies.
Fluent English is spoken and written
Expertise in the industry
Knowledge about product/category
GCC Furniture Retail Experience