GEMS Founders School – Al Mizhar is an international UK school that provides students in Dubai with the highest quality education GEMS Education offers.
We are currently looking for a Human Resource Assistant for GEMS Founders School Al Mizhar in Dubai. The HR Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Human Resources school office in its day-to-day operations. The HR Assistant will be responsible for the management of all human resource policies, procedures, and programs. Assisting with the administration of human resources, including recruitment, staffing and training and development, and employee counseling.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Encourage excellence and embrace the GEMS Core Values.
- Counsel management and employees on compliance with UAE Labour Law regulations.
- In coordination with the Ministry of Labour/Education, prepare employment contracts and maintain all employee personnel files.
- Offer advice, assistance and follow-up regarding school policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Construct and conduct orientations for new employees to explain school policies, benefits and compensation.
- Assist employees in explaining and administering benefits, and act as a liaison between them and their insurance companies.
- Coordinate the resolution and investigation of specific policy-related or procedural issues.
- Maintain and develop HRIS databases, employee files, and records.
- Update employee handbook as required.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of statistical summaries and reports to the school and GEMS Corporate office.
- You must ensure that the GEMS policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- You should be able to put in extra effort when the tasks are more difficult.
- Assist staff members in meetings and serve as a member of committees, if necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 year experience in Human Resources.
- General HR policies, procedures and methods knowledge
- It is an asset to have experience working in multicultural environments.
- Expertise in MS Office and HR Systems
Specific Knowledge & Skills for Jobs:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills and attention for detail.
- Ability to multitask and deal with high levels of pressure.
- An advantage will be advanced MS Excel skills.
We offer competitive salaries, tuition fee concessions, medical insurance, travel allowances, and an end-of-service gratuity.