The largest hotel company worldwide. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts offers its employees the chance to develop their professional and personal skills throughout their careers. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is the champion for everyday travelers. We offer the most extensive and affordable hotel experience in the world to help make hotel travel accessible for everyone. Wyndham is there for everyone, no matter where they travel.
Wyndham has nearly 9,000 hotels worldwide and offers a network of almost 790,000 rooms that appeal to everyday travelers. It is a leader in the mid-and economy segments of the hospitality sector. The portfolio includes 20 hotels brands including Super 8(r), Ramada (r), Microtel Inn & Suites (r), Wingate, Wingate(r), AmericInn[r], Wingate(r], Wingate(r], Wingate(r), Wingate[r], Wingate(r), Wingate[r], Wingate(r), Wingate[r], Hawthorn Suites[r], The Trademark Collection[r] and Wyndham[r]. The Wyndham Rewards(r), a prestigious loyalty program, offers over 56 million members the chance to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condos and holiday homes around the world. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Wyndham(r), Our Brand
Wyndham offers friendly service and thoughtful amenities as well as a variety of options for everyday travelers. Wyndham's locations are ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Our hotels offer thoughtfully designed guest rooms and a variety of food and drink options.
Our Hotel - Wyndham Dubai Marina
Stay at Wyndham Dubai Marina to feel the vibrancy of Dubai's vibrant city center. This 4-star hotel is located in one the most exciting locations of Dubai. Admire the stunning architecture surrounding the largest man-made marina in the world.
You will feel special the moment you enter our marble lobby. Wyndham Dubai Marina, a 4-star hotel that is internationally known, is conveniently located just steps away from Dubai's most iconic landmarks, such as The Beach, The Walk JBR and Dubai Marina Mall. Ain Dubai will soon be complete.
The hotel offers a spa, gym, outdoor pool, and great food and beverage outlets, including a coffee shop and club lounge. There is also an international all-day dining restaurant that serves Italian specialties al fresco. A bar and eatery offering smoked meats as well as specialty beverages.
Work culture and benefits
Wyndham Dubai Marina invites you to embark on a rewarding career. You will be provided with training and learning opportunities that are tailored to your needs. Our team is committed to creating a supportive environment that allows all members of the team to explore their professional and personal potential throughout their time with us. To foster an environment of inclusion and diversity, we offer leadership training, mentoring opportunities, as well as educational support.
We strive to attract, motivate, and retain talented employees who share our core values. We are proud of our comprehensive benefits programs that reward team members. These include return flights to their home destinations, uniform and laundry service, accommodation and recreation, life and medical insurance, transportation, duty dinners, discounted rates for colleagues at F&B outlets, reduced hotel rates, enhanced employee incentives, team bonding, engagement events, and employee health and wellbeing activities.
Description of the Job:
The General Accountant is responsible for all income audits and financial accounting tasks, in compliance with hotel accounting and financial control. All work will conform to Wyndham's SOP.
GA TASKS - INCOME
- Audits the daily night audit to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Follow-up on all issues that occurred at night, audit process together with department heads
- Conducts a complete audit of corrections/ adjustments/ reverses and voids.
- Opera/Micros systems process daily journal vouchers.
- All daily reports, including daily sales reports, are prepared.
- In a timely fashion, prepares monthly/daily sales reports for Finance in charge.
- Keeps track of daily information such as registration cards, credit cards and restaurant charges. Also keeps coupons, promotional tickets, zero/cash wallets, and other pertinent information.
- Keeps a sufficient inventory of manual guest checks.
- All necessary closing reports for the period.
- Completes period-end journals.
- All revenue-related accounts and Reconciles GL.
- Daily sales reports for all depart include accurate forecasts, budgets, and last year's revenues.
- Audits of general cashier reports using the system-generated collection to actual. Reports to Finance in-charge
- As requested, prepares reports to create a more comprehensive database that will help improve management decision-making and the critical evaluation of work activities.
- Assists the Cluster Chief Accountant as well as Department Heads with the preparation of the monthly P&L review, and the annual budgets.
- Assists with and offers advice on controlling hotel expenses.
- Analyze the profit and loss statement for the Hotel, and review the month-end closing.
- Assists the Management in providing administrative support. This includes business advice, policy enforcement, and operational assistance.
- Assigns additional duties to the Cluster Chief Accountant.
- Preparing the bank reconciliation
- Do a reconciliation of the balance sheets.
Desired Skill and Expertise:
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting at a 4/5*Hotel.
- Diploma/degree in Business Administration or Accounts.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong income audit background.
- Attention to detail.