Parsons is seeking a Document Controller who is incredibly talented to join our team. This role will allow you to coordinate the flow of documents between project operations and engineering disciplines. The incumbent may be responsible to manage a small project.
What you'll be doing:
- One or more types of documents are processed through each step according to well-defined guidelines and procedures. Assures that all pre-established document control requirements are met (e.g. which document numbering system is used and how many signatures are required for certain approvals etc. Ensures that all project requirements are met.
- Tracks and receives documents. Uses standard document management programs to register documents and maintain databases. Produces logs, transmittals and other reports, as needed. Other standard office automation programs or department-specific computer software are used to enter data and produce reports.
- For electronic storage, scan documents.
- Based on client, project, department and supplier requirements, maintains a data distribution system and schedule. Review of expedites, signature approval, and release of internally produced documents and supplier documents.
- Some clerical tasks may include light typing, filing, answering telephones, and messenger service.
- Assists junior staff in document control to ensure the effective implementation of project-specific procedures.
- Other duties as required by functional level and responsibilities.
- Contribute as a team player, who is deadline-driven and works well with other people.
The Skills You Need to Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and usually 4+ years of relevant experience in work.
- Expertise in MS Office, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What Desired Skills Will You Bring?
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interact with project personnel, management, and other staff.
- Electronic Documents are required for assignments.
- Management Systems.
Clearance Minimum to Start:
Parsons is committed to diversity at work and is an equal-opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.