Abbott is a world leader in healthcare, bringing new science to improve people’s health. We are always looking to the future and anticipating new developments in medical science.
Working at Abbott
Abbott allows you to do meaningful work, learn and grow, provide for your family, and be yourself. Access to:
- You can develop your career with an international company that offers career development.
- Fortune named this company one of the most loved companies in the world, and it was recognized in many countries as a great place for work.
- An organization that is widely recognized as one the most important big companies to work at and a great place to work for women executives, mothers, scientists, and diversity.
About Diagnostics division
The Diagnostics division empowers smarter economic and medical decision-making to transform how people manage their health throughout life. More than 10,000,000 tests are performed every day on Abbott diagnostics instruments. This provides lab results for millions.
Our diagnostic solutions can be found in hospitals, clinics and laboratories around the world. Our diagnostic solutions, including instruments and informatics systems, are often used to help patients make decisions about care for hundreds of conditions such as heart attacks, blood disorders, infectious diseases, and cancer.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions help address some of the most difficult healthcare problems in the world. Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part Abbott's Diagnostics, which brings together outstanding teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing that provides valuable information for the treatment and management.
The role of the Collecting Officer will be located within our Toxicology Business. The base of work is in the newly constructed 'Centre of Excellence' at Emirates Headquarters (HQ) in Dubai. The Collecting officer must travel to various locations in the HQ to collect specimens, primarily urine and breath, but also oral fluid and hair as needed. The Collecting Officer will be required to travel to other Emirates locations to collect the same specimens.
This job description is subject to revision by management.
- Perform specimen collection competently. Follow internal collection procedures and customers' instructions to ensure a high-quality specimen collection service.
- Participate in an on-call 24-hour rota if there is a business requirement
- To organize and facilitate the testing program, work with the Service Delivery Manager.
- To keep up-to-date with the processes by reviewing and acknowledging any updates within the timeframe and attending audits as required to maintain competence.
- Other reasonable duties, as required by the management of a business.
- Medical Lab Technician (Bachelors In Medical Lab Technology) with 2 to 4 years of experience in related fields
- National Standards-accredited Education.
- Strong verbal and written English.
- Basic skills in Word, Excel and Outlook required for IT literacy
- An individual who is self-motivated and has a flexible approach to working.
- Able to follow established processes to achieve the desired outcome.
- Pioneering Continuous self-review of your collections to ensure that you meet and exceed customer expectations. We also feed back to our management agency and business, if they work for us.
- Obtaining - Effective communication to ensure customers are informed and kept up to date on any changes in their collections.
- Caring - Learn about the effects of your actions and omissions within your role, and how they impact others. This information will help you ensure positive outcomes.
- Enduring: Ensuring that any process is updated or improved immediately to ensure the success of the Collection Network.
For diverse career opportunities at Abbott, follow your career goals at this company. They can help you build your career and live the best life possible.