Al-Futtaim Group was established in the 1930s trading business. It is a privately owned regional business based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim Group is composed of five operating divisions: automotive, financial services and retail. It employs more than 35,000 people in more than 20 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The group partners with more than 200 of the most innovative and admired brands around the globe. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering customer focus allow it to continue growing and expanding, responding to changing needs of its customers in the countries where they operate.
Al-Futtaim Group continues enriching the lives and aspirations each day of its customers by upholding its values of excellence, respect, collaboration, and integrity.
Overview of the role
Financial reconciliation, reporting, and audit of store operations according to daily/weekly/monthly procedures in accordance with the IKEA/AL Futtaim directives as well as internal Standard Operating Procedures.
What will you do
- These are the things you should do:
- Daily reconciliation of store takes & reporting
- Monitoring and reconciliation of foreign exchange rates.
- Control and collection of cheques
- Daily Tally of Safe Funds
- Reconciliation of Credit Cards
- Redeem gift vouchers and reconcile.
- Bank of the different tender types
- Management of Store Petty Cash.
- Assure quality in the following daily/weekly/monthly processes and timely reporting.
- For further action, investigate Till Discrepancy cases.
- Excellent customer service for internal and externe customers regarding petty cash and quotes, LPOs, and payments
- Assure compliance with IKEA/AL Futtaim directives as well as the company Standard Operating Procedures for Cash office processes.
Skills required to succeed
- Excellent knowledge of cash handling and accounting.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Computer literacy advanced
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and data management tools.
What do you need to be able to play the role?
- Experience in retail cash handling, finance and accounting preferred.
Over the last 30 years, Al-Futtaim Retail is a leader in retail across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have formed partnerships with some the most respected and well-respected Brands around the globe, including IKEA, ACE, Toys R Us and Toys R Us in Africa and the Inditex Group (Zara Mango, Bershka, Bershka, and P&B across Asia). With over 75 stores, we are one of the Marks and Spencer's largest global partners in both countries.
We were responsible for bringing brand names to the Middle East with the recent launches of Watsons & B&Q. We aim to remain agile and adaptable to markets through new launches and development. We aim to attract the best talent from all backgrounds to continue challenging and developing our diverse workforce, which currently includes more than 100 nationalities in 12 countries. Join us today to make a difference!