DSV Air & Sea is always evolving and expanding to meet the needs of the global market. You can develop your career internationally by working for the 3rd largest global provider of transport and logistics.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has a strong background in freight forwarding to joining the Commercial department in Air & Sea at our Dubai branch.
BDMs are HUNTERS. They have high activity levels, willingness to help customers, and the ability to identify new opportunities for the company. Maintain and develop existing customers, in close collaboration with management and customer service. A BDM must be able to work independently and show initiative.
Report to: General Manager-Commercial
Role: Individual contributor
Direct subordinates: None
- In accordance with company guidelines, build and maintain a Microsoft Dynamics pipeline
- Target potential clients and qualify them with a focus on DSV-identified trade lanes.
- Target new clients and gain new business.
- Maintain a CRM that is 100% accurate for every sales call or visit.
- You should aim to make a minimum of sales calls each week.
- Make sure that the client has access to detailed SOPs.
- Weekly presentation of activities and pipeline using Microsoft Dynamics (dashboard), to management
- Ensure that you list account information, contact details and meeting schedules.
- Support regional sales campaigns
- Get sales leads for overseas DSV offices or networks
- Build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Monthly performance review with individual sales, and setting of an action plan if necessary
- Assist customers with payment collection in accordance to company guidelines
- Recognize and understand the company's capabilities and identify areas for improvement.
- Assure proper stakeholder management, including the involvement of product specialists, inside sales, RDMs, and management.
- Management sets KPIs.
- The DSV Supply Code of Conduct must be followed.
- Management may assign other tasks
Internal - Commercial Team (RDM. Inside Sales, Tender Management & Strategic Business Development. Product Management, Finance and Operations Team.
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- Experience in sales of at least 3-5 years with a multinational freight forwarding company.
- The market is well-informed and industry knowledge
- Outgoing, self-managed, results driven personality
- For those who are business-minded
- Active and proactive.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate industry-related information to people outside of our industry
- Diplomatic, persuasive, and trustworthy
- Capability to identify requirements and analyse facts to determine the most appropriate solutions/actions to take.
- Extrovert personality and strong relationships building abilities
DSV-Global transport and logistics
DSV is one the most successful companies in the transportation and logistics industry. 75,000 people in over 90 countries are passionate about providing excellent customer service and exceptional customer experiences. They work as part of the operations or as support staff. We're looking for people who are driven, talented and take responsibility.