- Department / Division: Shopping Centers
- Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service
- Level: Officer
This position is responsible for the smooth operation of the Customer Service Information Desk/ Booth. It ensures that all customer service activities are carried out in compliance with the policies and guidelines. The services provided are of the highest quality to ensure a pleasant customer experience.
Role Details: Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned SMBU operating assets (shopping centers) vis-a-vis amenities/facilities, stores/locations, mall layout and any ongoing/upcoming promotional activities including Information Desk / Booths opening and closing hours and procedures.
- Assure smooth operation of the Customer Service Information Desk/ Booths every day under the supervision and guidance of the Supervisor/Manager of Customer Service. In order to provide quality customer service, follow established Customer Service guidelines and procedures.
- To promote MAFP's image, you must demonstrate a high standard of personal grooming.
- Assist customers and visitors at the Information Desk / Booths with clear directions, information about ongoing / upcoming mall promotions/activities, answering queries (both by phone or in person), and other duties specific to the Shopping Centre. To create memorable customer experiences, you must maintain a professional, polite, and positive attitude at all times.
- Assist the Mall tour guide when necessary, and perform "meet-and-greet" duties for educational institutions, tour groups, and other tour-related organizations.
- Responsible for the efficient handling of routine/minor customer queries/complaints (both in person and over the phone) on a daily basis. Assist customers with their queries and complaints using professionalism and the established Customer Service guidelines.
- Tenants should immediately report any retail-related complaints to security, maintenance, and other SMBU departments. Tenant complaints should be addressed promptly.
- Responsible for the efficient handling of all merchandise and services sold at the booth. This includes maintaining accurate inventory levels and following all SMBU Finance procedures. Any discrepancies, e.g. Report any problems, e.g., faulty equipment, or running out of supplies immediately to the Supervisor/Customer Service Manager.
- Attain a target annual sales of gift cards in the designated shopping center and ensure strict adherence to the SMBU Finance guidelines/processes for cash handling.
- Assist customers at the Shopping Centre in completing the necessary procedures such as gift wrapping, valet services, car cleaning, gift wrapping, stroller rental and wheelchair loans, gift voucher sales, loyalty programs, etc. Customers can also get assistance in the case of Lost and Found functions, e.g. personal items, lost children etc. All Lost and Found procedures must be complied with according to established Customer Service policies and procedures and communicated to tenants and customers.
- You must ensure that your Shopping Centre is always clean and tidy. Report any issues or concerns to the Supervisor/Manager of Customer Service immediately for prompt resolution.
- Facilitate SMBU Marketing to ensure the smooth running of events and promotions at malls and promote these activities to customers.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager/Supervisor in maintaining up-to-date in-mall directories, retailer manuals, and contact details for all Tenants within the Shopping Centre.
- To improve the image of MAFP, it is important to build and maintain positive Tenant Relations with new and existing tenants as well as other groups such as government and community organizations.
- All data/reports relating to Customer Service should be provided on a regular basis to the Supervisor / Manager of Customer Service so that they can be reviewed and acted upon promptly.
- Ensure that you adhere to the MAFP SMBU's Code of Conduct and Departmental Policies at all times.
- Advocate and ambassador for aligning and cascading MAFP values across SMBU, and ensure that they are adhered to and displayed the same every time.
Background Information and Personal Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration/Marketing / Communications/PR
Minimum 4 - 6 years of progressive experience in customer service, preferably in a reputed Retail / Hospitality / Event Management company in GCC.