A brief overview of the role
To ensure the smooth operation of large cash transactions daily
What will you do
- Assist in all cash transactions in the store.
- To enter all transactions daily and balance the books at end of each day.
- Reporting on the daily happenings within their department
- To make money available for company transactions if required by superiors.
- Before sanctions, it is important to verify the money requests with their superiors.
- Report any discrepancies in the transactions.
- Ensure that all collections from debtors are done on time.
- Reconciliation and discrepancy reporting
People Management and Development
- The company employs new assistants to train them.
- Help the accountant maintain all company accounts.
Skills required to succeed
- Analytical Skills and Strategic Planning
- Effective communication
- Fire Marshall Training
- First aid training
- MS Office. Excel
- Excellent financial and audit skills
What do you need to be able to play the role?
- 3 to 5 Years in a similar position.
Over the last 30 years, Al-Futtaim Retail is a leader in retail across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have formed partnerships with some the most respected and well-respected Brands around the globe, including IKEA, ACE, Toys R Us and Toys R Us in Africa and the Inditex Group (Zara Mango, Bershka, Bershka, and P&B across Asia). With over 75 stores, we are one of the Marks and Spencer's largest global partners in both countries.
We were responsible for launching brands in the Middle East with B&Q and Watsons. We aim to remain agile and adaptable to markets through new launches and development. We aim to attract the best talent from all backgrounds to continue challenging and developing our diverse workforce, which currently includes more than 100 nationalities in 12 countries. Join us today to make a difference!