Al-Futtaim Group was established in the 1930s trading business. It is a privately owned regional business based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim Group is composed of five operating divisions: automotive, financial services, and retail. It employs more than 35,000 people in more than 20 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The group partners with more than 200 of the most innovative and admired brands around the globe. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering customer focus allow it to continue growing and expanding, responding to changing needs of its customers in the countries where they operate.
Al-Futtaim Group continues enriching the lives and aspirations each day of its customers by upholding our values, which include excellence, respect, collaboration, and integrity.
A brief overview of the role
To increase sales and satisfy customers, optimize the IKEA shopping experience at your shop.
Maximize sales in your specific product range and your top sellers,3 Aces,1 King, and the local market. Your colleagues and IKEA tools are your resources. To ensure that the IKEA Concept continues to succeed, you support the efficient operation of the IKEA Mechanical Sales System.
You help fulfill the following four tasks for the IKEA store
- Assist in the creation of a highly efficient and well-staffed sales force
- Inspirational home furnishing ideas and solutions - Show your home with these home furnishing options
- As a qualified home furnishing specialist
- Offer a day of fun for all the family
What will you do
- Customers who require extra assistance are encouraged to approach you. To exceed customers' expectations, you approach them by asking the right questions.
- You are familiar with the IKEA communication and sales channels.
- Your area of responsibility should be kept clean, tidy, priced, and fully stocked. Customers will have a pleasant shopping experience if IKEA's basic merchandising standards remain in place.
- You are passionate about IKEA products, actively learn about the benefits and features of these products, and share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- You are familiar with department and store action plans. You are responsible for the department's goals and can contribute.
- To help customers make informed decisions, you actively provide all services in the IKEA shop. This results in a better shopping experience.
- You will lead or support the execution of commercial activities that involve your department in the store.
- By knowing which products are most popular and prioritized, you can maximize sales while maintaining profitability. overstock/over tag).
- To ensure high stock availability, you must be able to analyze and adjust sales space capacity based on system parameters.
Skills required to succeed
- You must have the right attitude and behavior to help customers buy and sell.
- Understanding customer behavior.
- Understanding and active usage of the Selling the IKEA Way manual.
- Information about the IKEA product line, including services products.
- Basic presentation knowledge.
- Sales management.
- Sales location management/sales space capacity.
- Computer literacy.
What do you need to be able to play the role?
- You are business-minded, results-driven and customer-focused.
- Experience in working in a commercial and customer-oriented environment.
- Confidently approaching people and speaking to them in a proactive way.
- People's daily life at home and their home furnishings are of interest to them.
- Passionate and able to work in a group.
- High flexibility/open to change
- Capability to take individual initiative.
- Great attention to detail.
- To be able to prioritize and organize your work effectively to make the most of the time you have available.
Over the last 30 years, Al-Futtaim Retail is a leader in retail across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have formed partnerships with some of the most respected and well-respected Brands around the globe, including IKEA, ACE, Toys R Us and Toys R Us in Africa and the Inditex Group (Zara Mango, Bershka, Bershka, and P&B across Asia). With over 75 stores, we are one of Marks and Spencer's largest global partners in both countries.
We were responsible for bringing brand names to the Middle East with the recent launches of Watsons & B&Q. We aim to remain agile and adaptable to markets through new launches and development. We aim to attract the best talent from all backgrounds to continue challenging and developing our diverse workforce, which currently includes more than 100 nationalities in 12 countries. Join us today to make a difference...