Al-Futtaim Group was established in 1930s trading business. It is a privately owned regional business based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim Group is composed of five operating divisions: automotive, financial services and retail. It employs more than 35,000 people in more than 20 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The group partners with more than 200 of the most innovative and admired brands around the globe. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering customer focus allow it to grow and expand, responding to changing needs of its customers in the communities where they operate.
Al-Futtaim Group continues enriching the lives and aspirations each day of its customers by upholding our values, which include excellence, respect, collaboration, and integrity.
A brief overview of the role
This position is responsible for the daily logistics execution at ACE Hardware. The Assistant Logistics Manager (JH), will be supporting the jobholder to ensure that product arrives in stores on time (OFIT), including from origin to store. This includes store returns and inventory control.
Assure proper coordination between all internal and external stakeholders, including buyers, vendors around the world, logistics companies and certification agencies, including SASO agents and warehouse. To ensure smooth shipment movement to various Middle East countries, including Qatar, KSA and UAE.
Ensure that you have all documentation required to send the shipment.
What will you do
Manage & Monitor ACE Supply chain & E-commerce Prices & Service Levels
- Co-ordinate with suppliers and the Planning team to ensure stock movement is smooth.
- Control of supply chain costs and service levels in order to keep them within budget for ACE
- Implement and develop immediate corrective actions if costs exceed budget
- Ensure that your e-commerce/multi-channel supply chain is optimised and completed within the agreed lead time and cost levels
- Preparation and maintenance a current and accurate shipment tracker.
ERP Logistics & Inventory Management Processes
- Assure that ERP (SAP), is properly maintained and functioning efficiently and effectively from an inventory and logistics perspective.
- Make sure that 'Automated Refillment' is fully operational in all stores
- You must promptly identify and implement corrective actions for stock damage or unavailability. Follow the Process & Compliance SED and SRD procedures
- Use ERP system and other MS Office applications to maintain necessary logistics & inventories
- Assure that all open POs are closed, and give weekly status updates to stakeholders.
Logistic invoice reconciliation
- Verification of freight and warehouse bills and monthly reconciliation
Logistics Processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assure continuity in the proper documentation process. Support the Logistics manager with formulating the necessary SOPs to ensure compliance from all parties.
Stakeholder Management & Innovation
- To ensure effective relationships and alignment with their expectations, provide periodic updates to relevant stakeholders. Conduct recurrent stakeholder meetings.
- Identify potential areas and increase operational efficiency
Skills required to succeed
- Excellency in data analysis and SAP skills.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of Warehouse, Distribution Customs & Cross Border Freight & 3PL management
- Strong people skills
What do you need to be able to play the role?
- A bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business Management.
- Experience in stock/inventory related roles, preferred retail sector experience.
Over the last 30 years, Al-Futtaim Retail is a leader in retail across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have formed partnerships with some the most respected and well-respected Brands around the globe, including IKEA, ACE, Toys R Us and Toys R Us in Africa and the Inditex Group (Zara Mango, Bershka, Bershka, and P&B across Asia). With over 75 stores, we are one of Marks and Spencer's largest global partners in both countries.
We were responsible for bringing brand names to the Middle East with the recent launches of Watsons & B&Q. We aim to remain agile and adaptable to markets through new launches and development. We aim to attract the best talent from all backgrounds to continue challenging and developing our diverse workforce, which currently includes more than 100 nationalities in 12 countries. Join us today to make a difference!