Al-Futtaim Group was established in the 1930s trading business. It is a privately owned regional business based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim Group is composed of five operating divisions: automotive, financial services and retail. It employs more than 35,000 people in more than 20 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The group partners with more than 200 of the most innovative and admired brands around the globe. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering customer focus allow it to continue growing and expanding, responding to changing needs of its customers in the countries where they operate.
Al-Futtaim Group continues enriching the lives and aspirations each day of its customers by upholding our values, which include excellence, respect, collaboration, and integrity.
Location: IKEA Jebel Ali
A brief overview of the role
Customers are served with exceptional Customer Service skills while maintaining orderly checkout areas.
To reduce losses, follow SOPs that include recording and counting the float prior to trading starts and at closing.
What will you do
- Payments can be made by check, cash, credit cards, checks, vouchers or automatic debits. Pay attention to the SOP for cash handling.
- Computerized recording and computing transactions, and 100% accuracy for all register transactions.
- Before trading begins, count and record the float.
- Cash handling and safe custody
- Assuring customers' satisfaction by providing excellent customer service.
- To reduce the number of queues, you must work efficiently and effectively.
- Keep checkout areas clean and tidy
- Maintaining adequate stock levels of printed stationary.
Skills required to succeed
- Comfortable shifts
- Flexibility and punctuality
- High accuracy
- Computer use is a familiar topic
- Mathematics, organizational and customer service skills
What do you need to be able to play the role?
- 2-3 years of experience in transaction handling
- A background in Commerce/Accounting is an advantage
Over the last 30 years, Al-Futtaim Retail is a leader in retail across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have formed partnerships with some the most respected and well-respected Brands around the globe, including IKEA, ACE, Toys R Us and Toys R Us in Africa and the Inditex Group (Zara Mango, Bershka, Bershka, and P&B across Asia). With over 75 stores, we are one of Marks and Spencer's largest global partners in both countries.
We were responsible for bringing brand names to the Middle East with the recent launches of Watsons & B&Q. We aim to remain agile and adaptable to markets through new launches and development. We aim to attract the best talent from all backgrounds to continue challenging and developing our diverse workforce, which currently includes more than 100 nationalities in 12 countries. Join us today to make a difference...