Company Description Parker Wellbore assists energy companies in achieving their drilling and production goals safely, reliably, & efficiently. Our global team provides support for oil and gas operators by providing innovative drilling services and premium rental tools, well services, as well as advanced operations and management support. Parker Wellbore was founded in 1934 and helps customers to manage their costs and reduce their risks. This allows them to reach their operational goals quickly and safely. Parker Wellbore has the experience to tackle any situation, whether it is in a harsh environment or complex drilling.
This position is in the Accounting Department and will assist with moderate to complex financial analysis. It will also support the creation and timely delivery of accurate financial statements.
Essential Functions -
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end account analysis. Prepare related journal entries.
- Consolidate general ledger accounts monthly.
- To demonstrate operating performance, prepare and analyze financial reports for the month, quarter and year-end.
- Assist with daily cash transactions from Treasury to Accounting
- You can support the Accounts Receivable payment process.
- Identify and document key areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate friendly, positive, and team-like behavior
- Keep track of all government reports.
- Respect company policies and procedures.
- Assign other duties or special projects.
- Personal and work behavior must be in compliance with safety standards.
- Safety of oneself and others within the immediate vicinity includes employees, vendors, and guests.
- Show leadership engagement and be mindful of housekeeping.
- Don't take shortcuts or take unnecessary risks. Actively work with others so that they are able to take proper care of themselves and others.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported and properly investigated according to Company procedure.
- If you have any questions, contact an HSE representative.
Skills, qualifications and abilities that are required
A person must be capable of performing each necessary duty efficiently in order to succeed at this job. These requirements are indicative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Individuals with disabilities may receive reasonable accommodations to allow them to perform essential functions.
- An Accounting Bachelor's Degree is required.
- At least four years work experience is required.
- You must be able to work in a group environment.
- You must be detail-oriented, self-starter, and able work under minimal supervision while achieving goals and tasks.
- You must be able operate a touch-sensitive 10 key and type 40+ WPM.
- You must have excellent computer skills in order to use all MS Office products.
- Experience with Hyperion HFM, Oracle and/or other ERP software is an asset.
- You must be familiar with GAAP.
- Data uploading skills must be mastered.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be able to think clearly and follow instructions.
- Initiating and Driving Change * Serves as a catalyst and assumes responsibility for organizational change. * Gains insight into situations and implements innovative solutions. * Develops a strategy to support change. * Evaluates potential obstacles and resources. * Gives direction and support during the change process. * Finds and recruits allies to support the change process. * Provides resources, removes hurdles, and acts as an advocate to those who are initiating change.
- Results-focused * Sets clear performance goals, expectations and priorities * Pushes for success * Works quickly to solve problems and obstacles * Creates urgency to finish tasks * Takes responsibility for the performance of others and challenges them to do better * Focuses on activities that have high impact and deliver high quality results within the budget.
- Teamwork * Combines people when they are needed * Fosters open discussion * Allows people to finish their work and takes responsibility for it * Defines success as a whole team * Encourages open communication between team members * Promotes problem solving by all members
- Customer Focus * Dedicated to satisfying the needs and expectations of customers internal and external * Gathers first-hand information from customers and uses it to understand their business and make improvements to products and services. * Acts with customer-centricity in mind. * Builds long-lasting relationships with customers. * Shares genuine customer appreciation with their entire team/ department/ business unit.
Work environment and physical demands
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain (gravel, rocks and mounds, ice, etc.
- Ability to climb and descend ladders, stairs and scaffolding while lifting and carrying tools that require moderate to severe physical effort and physical stamina
- Ability to understand, remember, and follow written and verbal instructions. Also, ability to comply with company policies, procedures, and standards.